DescriptionFounded in 1983, International Imaging Materials, Inc. (IIMAK) is a leading global manufacturer of printing, imaging and marking consumables and related services. Our highly engineered core products include a full line of thermal transfer ribbons, inkjet inks, and stamp inks used widely in manufacturing, distribution, food packaging, textiles, electronics, medical, healthcare and office applications. We are committed to forward thinking technology, with recent developments in conductive inks for flexible circuits. IIMAK headquarters is located in Amherst, New York where primary R&D, engineering, manufacturing and sales activities reside, with a strong dedication to cross functional teamwork. Additional manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities are located in Belgium and Brazil. IIMAK’s IIMED Medical Manufacturing Solutions Division provides manufacturing services in Mexico’s maquiladora region. IIMAK has a strong culture of customer care, providing a full range of highly differentiated services that help our customers grow their business and make doing business easy. We currently have an opportunity at our Amherst, New York facility to join IIMAK as a QA Engineering Manager.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of QA policies and procedures to ensure that IIMAK quality standards are met throughout the entire production process.
• Researches and develops, and implements new and existing quality strategies, systems, procedures, and controls to meet performance and quality specifications.
• Coordinates and manages the investigation of customer complaints through the activities of Customer Support Techs, Quality Engineers, and Print Lab Technicians.
• Manages product testing throughout the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to quality standards.
• Communicates quality standards and testing procedures to production Supervision and works with these Managers to identify process and procedure opportunities in terms of product quality.
• Leads QA initiatives for IIMAK strategic initiatives including troubleshooting, strategic growth, and capital equipment implementation.
• Works with Senior Quality Management to develop meaningful metrics and specifications to monitor quality within the production process.
• Oversees the implementation of production processes for new products, working with R&D, Marketing, Sales management to establish quality requirements on new products providing final approval on requirements.
• Administers the Gauge/Tool Calibration and Internal Corrective Action Program.
• Communicates quality standards, procedures, and controls to management and works with these Managers to identify process and procedure opportunities.
• Develops and approves Supplier Quality Assurance Plans, and manages the qualification of new suppliers and raw materials working with suppliers to resolve any issues.
• Plans, organizes, and conducts routine quality system audits, reporting weekly, monthly and quarterly on QA hold activity.
• Reviews process analysis results on new and existing production processes making recommendations for process improvement opportunities and approving any implementation.
• Implements and Manages operator training in terms of production processes, with an emphasis on adherence to quality standards.
• Oversees investigations of quality problems and makes recommendations on the use of various quality tools to resolve the problems with internal and external customers and suppliers using root cause analysis.
• Travel to customer, supplier, and/or vendor sites for quality assurance audits, etc.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
(Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job)
IIMAK is dedicated to providing employees with a business environment that supports communication, commitment and the opportunity for advancement. We are positioned to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to match this exciting opportunity. If interested in joining a dynamic organization with global presence and applying for this career opportunity, please apply online at www.iimak.com/careers.
EOE M/F/D/V IIMAK is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications