DescriptionFounded in 1983, International Imaging Materials, Inc. (IIMAK) is a leading global manufacturer of printing, imaging and marking consumables and related services. Our highly engineered core products include a full line of thermal transfer ribbons, inkjet inks, and stamp inks used widely in manufacturing, distribution, food packaging, textiles, electronics, medical, healthcare and office applications. We are committed to forward thinking technology, with recent developments in conductive inks for flexible circuits. IIMAK headquarters is located in Amherst, New York where primary R&D, engineering, manufacturing and sales activities reside, with a strong dedication to cross functional teamwork. Additional manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities are located in Belgium and Brazil. IIMAK’s IIMED Medical Manufacturing Solutions Division provides manufacturing services in Mexico’s maquiladora region. IIMAK has a strong culture of customer care, providing a full range of highly differentiated services that help our customers grow their business and make doing business easy. We currently have an opportunity at our Amherst, New York facility to join IIMAK as an Operations Support Supervisor.
The Operations Support Supervisor will provide technical and supervisory support to manufacturing operations to meet business needs and achieve a competitive manufacturing environment. Main responsibilities will be providing daily technical support to operations, employee management, and developing, maintaining, and improving processes for new and existing manufacturing procedures, including process control initiatives.
- Plan, design, and implement complex process tooling and equipment.
- Support/lead process improvement / Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) initiatives in order to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives for process improvements and participate on capital projects teams and in research and analysis of new and existing systems, procedures, etc.
- Provide daily technical support to the assigned manufacturing area.
- Participate in the development and improvement of SOP’s.
- Supervise consistent with manufacturing principles and techniques in order to maximize resources and meet customer requirements in areas such as coating, inkmaking, slitting and packing.
- Support employee training, performance management, safety and other policy compliance initiatives.
- Meet budgeted expense targets and performance goals.
- Schedule jobs and verify floor stock inventory accuracy to meet customer demands.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
(qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job)
- BS in related discipline (technical, business, etc.), coupled with 2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing role preferred.
- Work schedule flexibility to optimize cross shift communication and interaction with all Inkmaking personnel.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires a high degree of ownership and personal commitment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams.
- Working knowledge of problem solving techniques, including root cause problem identification.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of the organization.
- Strong desire for career advancement within manufacturing/operations.
IIMAK is dedicated to providing employees with a business environment that supports communication, commitment and the opportunity for advancement. We are positioned to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to match this exciting opportunity.
EOE M/F/D/V IIMAK is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications