Lead Systems Administrator
|Title:||Lead Systems Administrator|
DescriptionFounded in 1983, International Imaging Materials, Inc. (IIMAK) is a leading global manufacturer of printing, imaging and marking consumables with strong geographic and product line growth. Our highly engineered core products include a full line of thermal transfer ribbons, inkjet inks, and stamp inks used widely in manufacturing, distribution, food packaging, textiles, electronics, medical, healthcare and office applications. We are committed to forward thinking technology, with recent developments in leading edge direct thermal substrates, gas absorbing coatings for produce preservation, conductive inks for flexible circuits and industrial inkjet inks for primary and secondary coding. IIMAK headquarters is located in Amherst, New York where primary R&D, engineering, manufacturing and sales activities reside, with a strong dedication to cross functional teamwork. Additional manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities are located in Belgium, Brazil and Mexico. IIMAK has a strong culture of customer care, providing a full range of highly differentiated services that help our customers grow their business and make doing business easy. We currently have an opportunity at our Amherst, New York facility to join IIMAK as a Lead Systems Administrator.
Under minimal supervision, the Lead Systems Administrator will design and implement the organization’s network, telecom and computing technology, including operating systems, server hardware and OS, LAN equipment and topology, WAN equipment and topology, desktop OS and systems monitoring tools. This individual will also be responsible for recommending systems purchases and directing the activities of Network Administrators and Interns. Other responsibilities include:
- Designs or assists in the design of network infrastructure projects, working with a minimum of supervision, on the most complex problems (designs include diagrams indicating network infrastructure changes, hardware/software specifications and budgetary requirements.
- Independently analyzes problems identified by personnel representing organizations using Information Systems services. Studies existing systems and procedures in terms of business requirements, organization, flow of data, methods and feasibility of adapting systems to resolve issues.
- Functions as project leader for specific Information Systems projects as directed Recommends software products, and processing environment best suited for completion of project tasks.
- Develops systems test plans and verifies correct working state of new and upgraded systems.
- On a project basis, acts as liaison between IT staff and its customers systems and programs
- Conducts in-service training for Information Systems staff
- Writes or reviews necessary documentation for systems and programs and develops all documentation with adherence to standards; is involved in update of standards as required.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates should possess:
(Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job)
- BS degree in Management Information Systems, or Computer Science area or equivalent, MS a plus.
- 10+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a global organization, with manufacturing business exposure/experience required.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Industry specific certifications a plus.
- Strong PC application knowledge and experience.
- Strong technical and business mentoring / support experience of IT staff.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into functional systems designs.
- Proven ability to perform evaluations of potential purchased hardware and software solutions; evaluate and implement new technologies.
- Ability to conduct highly complex analysis and design of new systems.
- Demonstrated infrastructure project management success and experience.
- Expert knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies.
IIMAK is dedicated to providing employees with a business environment that supports communication, commitment and the opportunity for advancement. We are positioned to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to match this exciting opportunity. If interested in joining a dynamic organization with global presence and applying for this career opportunity, please apply online at www.iimak.com/careers.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, IIMAK is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications